We know I covered everything we registered for way back when Caroline Cate was still snuggled up in my belly, but now I am back to report on everything we use, everything we don’t, and I’m even asking for some guidance on some items I know we’ll be investing in soon! First up, the things we love:
1. Primo Eurobath: CC loves bathtime, let me tell you. Put that naked booty in this tub and she grins from ear to ear. Throw in the Munchkin bath cup and you’ve got a happy camper indeed! This bath is perfect because it fits in a normal size tub, is interchangeable for little ones and then you turn them around when they grow to toddler-size so it’s a great purchase we’ll be using for awhile. Not to mention it is white and doesn’t scream BABY.
2. Aveeno Products: we use them ALL, let me tell you. From the all over body wash to the moisturizing cream to the sunscreen, we are avid Aveeno lovers and their products not only smell good, but their great for CC’s sensitive skin.
3. Sleep Sheep/Graco Sweet Slumber Machine: we have them both and they are lifesavers! The Sleep Sheep is great because we can take it anywhere and the Graco version stays in Caroline’s nursery. I can’t lie, I love all the calming sounds, too!
4. Bright Starts Playtime Mat: You know I didn’t want one of these in my house, right? Just the mere thought of something so bright just made me nauseous, however, this has been our go-to “baby occupier” for quite some time. Turn that puppy on and CC stays “in the zone” for at least 20-30 minutes. Flip her over and it’s perfect for tummy time exercise, too!
5. Little Tummys Gas Drops: these need no introduction…they have become a staple in our home and these are an absolute MUST to prevent little bit from being fussy and/or gassy all the time. Can’t leave home without them, therefore I have one bottle in my diaper bag, one bottle in the nursery, one bottle in our downstairs changing station, and one in my back pocket ;).
6. Monitors: Angelcare Heart Monitor (401 series)/Summer Infant Babytouch Video Monitor: I live with the king of safety squad, but I absolutely jumped on this bandwagon, as I want to be able to see CC sleeping/crying/wiggling whenever she is out of my sight. The Summer version has been great because it’s portable and we can transport it all over the house. The Angelcare monitor is a new hit at our house since Caroline is just now sleeping in her nursery. This gadget makes sure she is breathing properly and I cannot lie, I think this is a MUST for everyone!
7.Fisher Price Snuggabunny Bouncy Seat AND Swing: Remember when I told you we would never be one of those baby households to have one of those awful swings? Well, I was wrong, and I admit it. Shortly after CC was born, Jeff came home saying we had to have one to get her to nap during the day/occupy her time, and ever since, she has been a much happier baby. It’s amazing…nevermind how huge it is and how much room it takes up, it is a God send and an absolute must. On the contrary, we’ve had the bouncy seat since day one and she loves it still. Now, I’ll park her in front of the television so she can watch her baby dvds and this is one of the only ways I can keep her still.
And now to some other little odds and ends that haven’t been of particular interest or had any success at our home…
1. Wipe Warmer: I thought it was a must, yet how do you warm wipes on the go? We have never even plugged it in, much less used it. I think you could totally skip out on this one…if they never know what warm wipes feel like, how can they be missing out?
2. Sleeping Gowns: Caroline loves to move her legs like crazy and trying to keep them harnessed in any type of gown has been a definite lose for us…she gets MAD let me tell you! My vote goes to Carter’s Sleep and Plays-they are a nighttime must and they keep that baby warm and toasty so she can get some good shut eye.
3. Boppy: I have yet to use it much at all…maybe I will use it as a recliner for CC when she is able to hold her head up completely, but I used the My Breast Friend pillow when I was nursing her. Anybody know any other uses for this thing?
So, now that I gave my tips on the goods, anybody have any recommendations for highchairs? We are looking into purchasing one in the next month or two and I’m open for your favorites or ones to avoid, especially if any of you have the Stokke Tripp Trapp.
I’m also on the lookout for a stationary activity jumper…there are so many to choose from so I am wondering if you know of one that stands out to keep your little one entertained?