1. FINALLY…we got our Maclaren Triumph stroller the other day! I am still trying to figure it out..how to adjust the straps and whatnot, but I am not sure if it’s going to be a winner for us. Jeff doesn’t seem to be a fan because everything is difficult to figure out (and the instruction manual has no words, ONLY pictures), and when we put Caroline in it the other day it looked like she was major uncomfortable. This puppy might be going back to Amazon in exchange for the Uppababy G-Lite. Any other moms out there had issues with either of these strollers?
2. Gap got some new lovelies in the other day that I just couldn’t say no to…hello mint jeans for this maternity mama and an ADORABLE polka dot romper for Miss CC. They need a frequent shopper card for racking up reward points or something…or maybe I should just buy stock.
3. I’ve been horrible about taking pictures lately…I need to step up my game and capture all the cuteness going on! Caroline trying to take steps, me working like a crazy person on all her birthday party crafts, some of the yummy dinners I’ve been cooking (I say yummy because they’ve been approved by Jeff to add to the lineup of options for weekly menu planning), and the random stuff that I somehow seem to document. I’m working on our family photobook for 2012 and I am SO.OVER.IT. I love doing stuff like that, but it’s so tedious and I want to be done with it and move on to something else.
4. I made pineapple hummingbird cupcakes the other day and they were AWESOME. Funny enough, my Mom cut out the recipe from a Sunday newspaper circular because she knew it was something I’d love to bake…she was right and they were simple, too. (i.e. started from a yellow cake mix!)
You can find the recipe here
5. For any of you out there needing to buy baby gifts for yourself, friends, or loved ones…make sure to visit Target this week! They are having major sales on everything. Dr. Browns bottles (otherwise known as the greatest bottles in the world) are buy 1, get 1 50% off and these things are never on sale so we stocked up. Random, but necessary note.
That’s it for today folks… P.S. have I mentioned this weekend cannot come soon enough? Meg is throwing a massive shindig for Aaron (AKA The World’s Best Godfather) Saturday night to mark his status as 30 and officially old 😉 and I cannot wait!! Happy (one day late) Birthday Aaron…we sure do love you!!!