I am stealing this idea from the lovely Leslie over at A Blonde Ambition, but it’s never too early in the year to start calling yourself out and talking all things totally random…who cares, right?
1. Last year I read more than 12 books (1 for each month was my goal) and I am aiming to keep that up in 2013, too. First up, “A Place of Yes” by Bethenny Frankel. I started it a few nights ago and am STRUGGLING to get interested and read more. Anyone else have this problem with a book of hers??
2. I peed on myself last week. Yes, truly. We had game night with my parents at our house and my Dad got me laughing so hard I couldn’t control the weak bladder. I blame it on being pregnant (to make myself feel better), but poor Jeff just looked at me and couldn’t believe what I had done. For all you people who make fun, just wait until you have a baby…NOTHING is ever the same and others can tell you from experience I assure you.
3. Santa surprised Caroline with a gift card to Janie and Jack (I think Mr. Claus got overwhelmed when he tried to do a little shopping) so we went the other day and got her the CUTEST, most darling swimsuit, beach hat, and sunglasses…it’s never too early to prep for fun in the sun!
4. I confess I’m sort of happy for Kim Kardashian and her baby news… I am guilty of watching Keeping Up with the Kardashians and she has wanted a baby for awhile. Not sure I think Kanye is the best father figure given his track record, but people change so maybe this will be god for them as a couple. I couldn’t help but read the social media sites and people’s Twitter accounts though…saying she’ll be a horrible mother? That’s a bit harsh-who are we to judge.
5. Just when I thought my winter TV schedule was going to be super lame since Boardwalk Empire is over, I saw prevews for The Bachelor ramping up for Sean’s season starting next Monday night…SCORE!!! I heard there are some CRAZIES this season so you know I’ll be plopped down on the couch with a bowl full of popcorn ready to savor every moment of juicyness.
I’m so glad this was a short work week for the mister…tonight, we’re hanging out with some friends watching the UT/Memphis game, doing a little bit of Costco-ing tomorrow to stock up on pantry necessities, working on our fitness at the gym, and then doing the typical church and lazy Sunday activities…Happy Weekend!