1. This past weekend, we had Caroline’s very first swim lesson at the YMCA…it’s just an introductory class that meets each Saturday over the span of a month, but it’s a great way to get her into the pool. Jeff was so excited for some daddy/daughter time, but of course I tagged along so I could take some pictures of our girl. It was absolutely adorable and she had a great time!
“do you think I’m getting in there?” 😉
2. Now that spring is officially here, we are trying to be outside as much as possible. This involves daily swing sessions in her new outdoor swing/slide, as well as early evening rides in her Radio Flyer Tricycle, complete with sunglasses of course. I know this mild/70 degree weather won’t last forever, so we are trying to take advantage!
3. CC’s Aunt Candice met us at Cheekwood on Sunday to take her 1 year pictures and it was such a gorgeous day…I think they are going to be FABULOUS because we had perfect weather, and of course the scenery there is gorgeous. The tulips were blooming and off course our subject was her usual self…smiles, giggles, and showing off that personality. I had no idea until then, but Little Miss Priss does not enjoy the grass at all. She wouldn’t move off her blanket-hahaha! P.S. If you’re in Nashville, go to Cheekwood soon-it’s so beautiful and perfect for a nice afternoon picnic, tour of the mansion, or letting the kids run wild! Here is a little sneak peak of one of her shots…
4. I can’t tell if it’s nesting or if I am in total spring cleaning mode, but our house is getting a major overhaul in the organization/cleaning game. I’ve made a detailed list of everything to cross of my to-do list, all the way down to organizing the medicine drawer…random, I know. I’m tackling little projects left and right and found myself using a lint roller on our dining room chairs at 7AM yesterday-WHOA!
5. If you participated in my closet blog sale last week and have sent me your PayPal invoice, your items are on their way via USPS so be on the lookout. For those that have yet to pay, please do so by the end of today, or else I’ve got some other ladies who would like to purchase these items. Today, I’m going through Caroline’s summer wardrobe so I plan to do a sale for her outgrown goodies next week!
6. A few weeks ago, I was in a baking mood and went to the trusty kitchen pantry to see what items I had on-hand to satisy my sweet tooth. When I realized I was out of brown sugar (an ingredient you need for most cookies, cakes, and such), I found the easiest and yet most amazing recipe for Almond Poppyseed Bread and decided to try it out. It was DELISH and of course we finished it off within 2 days…check out this recipe!