1. A lot of you pregnant ladies have asked about my non-alcoholic wine/champagne loving beverages and I wanted to share… I found a website called Non Alcoholic Wines Online (creative name, huh?) where you can stock up on these lovely bottles and have them shipped to your door! I have only tried the Fre variety (chardonnay and champagne), but this site allows you to order all different varieties/brands. AMAZING and inexpensive…dang it, I should’ve been a paid spokesperson!!
2. In the past few days, I have ordered more than $30 worth of sippy cups, as we have been weaning Caroline from the bottle for the past 2 weeks and it has been less than successful…needless to say, I have about every type/brand of cup on the market, yet my child refuses to drink milk from them…she is headstrong, I’ll give her that. I bought the Thinkbaby Straw Cup everyone raves about, as well as the Mam Trainer Cup and if one of these doesn’t work I might lose it!
3. I had my 35 week checkup on Wednesday and was shocked to find out I am already 2cm dilated (maybe a bit TMI), but it made me freak out a bit at the thought that Carson could come a lot sooner than we expected… basically, our bags are packed and we have our tentative “game plan” all figured out in case she decides to come early. Can’t say I wouldn’t mind, as the heat is taking its toll on me and I am waddling around like a duck. However, no, for those that have asked, the nursery is not complete…funny how relaxed I am this time around-my how things change!
4. Does this summertime, festive ice idea not look incredibly tasty and refreshing?? I wish I had these creative (and yet oh-so-simple) ideas without having to constantly venture to Pinterest to figure this out…talk about a way to jazz up your water!!
5. And last, BUT CERTAINLY NOT LEAST, I wanted to share a little bit about a non-profit that hits really close to home. It’s not very often when I talk about the scary stuff, but this is something I am passionate about supporting…
If you have read my blog, you see me talk about my BFF Meg all the time. Well, what you may not know is that her husband Aaron battled an extremely aggressive form of testicular cancer back in 2004. He fought for his life, but the treatments left him weak, frail, and beat down. When he entered the “remission” stage of his fight, he was overweight, out of shape, and knew that if he were to really win the war against cancer, he would have to improve his physical health to reclaim his mental health.
Medical teams provide supporting during treatment, but then they are left to figure it out for themselves once treatment is complete. What foods are the best? What workouts are appropriate?
In an effort to fill this void, Aaron established Survivor Fitness Foundation, a nonprofit to help cancer survivors regain both their physical health and well-being. He has partnered with a local gym in Nashville to design a program called “101 Days Back to Life”, which provides personal training and nutritional support specifically designed for cancer survivors. Even more incredible is that they realize most people have experienced financial challenges in dealing with their illness, so they are providing this support without charge.
Back in February, their first survivor began her journey to restoring her health. Cheryl Wilkinson battled breast cancer last year, and Survivor Fitness has enabled her to reclaim the active lifestyle of a healthy and engaged wife and mom. Survivor Fitness is in the beginning stages, dealing with the significant costs of filing for a nonprofit status and developing their marketing platform, including a website and materials; but even at this early stage, they still want to support others like Cheryl.
Beginning this afternoon, Survivor Fitness is holding their very first fundraiser, The Survivor’s Walk. Aaron and the managing partner of the gym he’s working will be walking 24 CONSECUTIVE hours to raise awareness and funds for the Survivor Fitness Foundation.If you would like to pledge your support, please go to http://survivorfitness.org/pledge/. For continued updates on the walk and Survivor Fitness, please join the Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/survivorfitnessfoundation.
Aaron, we are SO PROUD of your accomplishments and cannot wait to come support you tomorrow as you take on this challenge…you’ve not only been a wonderful friend to both Jeff and I, but you’re an incredible godfather and the best husband my BFF could’ve ever asked for. I am honored to know you and am thankful you have contributed so much to our lives!! OXOX