There are certain things I associate with the holidays…yummy treats, romantic comedy movies, holiday albums, and of course Christmas books to read the minis. Here are some of my festive favorites, things I celebrate and have to include in every yearly holiday rotation:
1. Meet Me in St. Louis: Judy Garland, loads of singing and dance routines, and the sweetest family story all rolled into one. If you’ve never seen this movie, it’s a MUST
2. Michael Buble’s Christmas CD: he has a timeless voice, and he puts a new spin on some old classic favorites! This is usually the album I play the most in the car during the holidays
3. Harry and David Moose Munch: it’s an addiction, and a treat I always wish for to be included in my stocking! I could devour an entire box of this goodness at one sitting
4. The Nutcracker: Mom used to take me to see the play at least once every few years and I love it…nutcrackers are something I collect to display with all my holiday decor and I love how whimsical and fun they are
5. Williams Sonoma Hot Cocoa and Marshmallows: perfect for a night in spent wrapping gifts and baking for friends and family.
6. Mistletoe Yankee Candles: they make your entire house smell like a Christmas tree..it’s perfection
7. The Night Before Christmas Book: I am going to start a new tradition this year by having Santa write a letter to the girls to be delivered to them on Christmas Eve. And every year after, we will do the same thing and keep adding holiday books to our collection!
8. Holiday PJs: I can’t wait for when I can find matching family yummies for all of us to wear…yes, Jeff included. He will hate me for this I am certain, but it’ll be all in good fun!
9. Christmas Mugs: drinking coffee and cocoa out of holiday mugs make everything more special!
10. Love Actually: not only is it my favorite holiday movie, it’s got an incredible soundtrack, too!
What are some of your festive favorites to get you in the holiday spirit?
I am OBSESSED with Love Actually and have watched it three times since Thanksgiving – I think my husband is about to kill me. 🙂
I love so many of the things on this list too! I can't believe I've never tried the WS hot cocoa! The Love Actually soundtrack is a favorite of mine too 🙂 The Kelly Clarkson one is the best!
Love Michael Buble!!!
Oh this post just made me so happy!! I love Michael Buble and the Night Before Christmas!
I love Michael Buble too. His voice is so soothing! Hot chocolate and marshmallows, watching The Family Stone, and wrapping gifts are all some of my festive favorites. 🙂
Hanna Anderson makes matching pi's for the whole family. It is one of the few places that I've found that make them for both adults and babies.
Love Michael Buble and Moose Munch!
favorite Christmas CD ever!
Great list! Moose Munch is deeeee-lish! And Love Actually has to be watched at least once before Christmas! Have you heard Kelly Clarkson's new Christmas CD? So good! A few of my holiday must haves are at least one viewing of Home Alone, mulling spices on the stove (Williams Sonoma makes the best!), a real christmas tree, and LOTS of Christmas cookies.
I have never seen Meet Me in St. Louis! Looks like I need to check it out!
Ah so festive. Loving this entire list!
just realized YOU were Blair's secret santa! She LOVED her gift and my how cute you wrapped it! We would love to send a thank you card so if you could email me your address that would be awesome! firstname.lastname@example.org
I love everything on this list! I want one of each in my stocking! Oh, Love Actually. The best movie ever.
Meet Me in St. Louis has been a favorite of mine since I was a kid 🙂
Pumpkin Butter Kids (on Facebook) sells matching Christmas jammies for the WHOLE family! I bought both my sons and myself and my husband all matching jammies for this Christmas!! Check her out next year!!!
Aw these are great! I may have to add these to my last minute shopping list!
This is a great list of Christmas gifts that is presented above. I especially like the idea of a Christmas mugs because that is always useful gift that anyone could enjoy. I think another great gift is a new car. During the holidays there are always great deals on cars, you just have to do some research to find the perfect one. I always recommend people to look for Sign and Drive Lease Deals because you could get a great deal on a very nice car. Happy Holidays!
17 Comments on Festive Favorites