I’ve got some things to confess. Perfect for a Tuesday morning coffee talk session…
- I hate the way I sound on video… hence why I never do vlogs. And yes, I’m the person that records my voicemail message a dozen times before finally settling on one that is just “OK”. I had a TV appearance segment a few weeks ago and I didn’t want to record it, but the girls begged to see mommy on TV… I rarely get nervous as I don’t mind public speaking, but something about seeing and hearing yourself on television is not my favorite.
- I’ve become an obsessive closet purger… is that a good thing or a bad thing, I don’t know, but clearing out the clutter is just so dang therapeutic! I just gave away 17 bags of clothing, accessories, old toys, etc to a local women and children’s shelter and I am hoping it makes a difference to help others going through a hard time. And now I’m planning for another edition of a closet sale over at @thestonekingcloset, so stay tuned!
- I’ve only read ONE book this year. What the heck is wrong with me?!?!?! I don’t know why, but I’ve been lazy in the reading department. PLEASE send me some good reads so I can get back to one of my loves and say adios to TV for the second half of the year OR at least until This is Us and Game of Thrones come back on… haha.
- Chore charts have officially been reinstated at our house and I’m ALL for rewarding the girls with fun outings/small gifts when they fill up their charts… these are under $20, magnetic, and easily wiped clean with dry erase markers.
- I let the girls have popsicles for breakfast the other day… and didn’t feel guilty about it. Summer is for breaking rules, right?!?!
- My best friend is moving away this week and I’ve cried like a big baby way more than I care to admit. They say absence makes the heart grow fonder, right?!?! More excuses to head to Knoxville more often so I can see my godbabies all the time.
- Running Sugar Bit while trying to maintain [and grow] my blog is taking it out of me… they are both things I absolutely love and I don’t take either for granted one bit, but it’s hard when you’re essentially running two businesses and trying to keep a semi-normal work/life balance and still be present with family and friends. I know I’m not alone, but it sure feels good to say it out loud. Something to think about for sure as life is only going to get more hectic when Caroline starts kindergarten in August.
- Speaking of school, they now have a way to pre-order supplies online so that they will be in your kid’s classroom the day school starts… amazing right?!?! That way I’m not fighting with the other moms trying to grab the last hot pink folder at Target… although let’s face it, I was the kid that LIVED for school supply shopping.