It’s October… a favorite month for so many reasons, but one is that it’s Breast Cancer Awareness Month and I am trying to do all I can to support the causes that impact so many… thrilled as always to partner with my friends at Opry Mills who are doing big things with the Susan G. Komen Foundation this month in an effort to offer opportunities for shoppers to help win the fight against breast cancer.
Looking to support? Here are a few ways YOU can help:
- Discount Card Program | Purchase a $10 discount card at Opry Mills, which will give you 25% off one item at participating retailers throughout the mall [P.S. these stores have window clings like the image seen above to make it easy to spot!]. Personal favorites of mine that are part of this year’s program include Francesca’s, Gigi’s Cupcakes, JCrew Factory, Kate Spade New York, Steve Madden, and Under Armour, just to name a few. All proceeds from the sale of these cards go directly to Susan G. Komen.
- Gift Cards | For every Susan G. Komen Visa® Simon Giftcard® purchased, Simon will donate $1 towards Susan G. Komen, so stock up on those holiday gift cards early!!
- More than a Pink Hero Wall | My favorite thing by far, this Hero Wall serves as an opportunity for survivors and their families to visually articulate their strength during their fight against breast cancer. Shoppers can purchase a sticker for a $1 donation and post the sticker on the More Than Pink Hero Wall… again, all proceeds will support Susan G. Komen. This is extremely personal for our family… proud to write that Mimi is our biggest hero!!
- Hero Photo Opportunity | Coming soon, there will be a “I Am More Than Pink” backdrop to be used as a selfie station during October… simply snap your pic and use the hashtag #MoreThanPink to share to your social media networks.
Want to shop AND sport some pink to get the conversation going?!?! I’ve rounded up a few of my favorite things from participating stores to help you shop AND help this amazing cause… remember to purchase one of the $10 discount cards at Opry Mills and you can save 25% off ANY one item at a ton of stores [just remember to look for the window clings so you can spot the retailers participating]!!
Plaid Top and Blush Destroyed Denim via Lucky Brand Store
Pink Blouses, Dress and Giftables from Francesca’s
Hot Pink Satchel, Blush Crossbody, Swan Makeup Bag and Sunnies from Kate Spade New York
Get the guys involved.. pink patterned socks from Brooks Brothers Factory Store
A pink coat is ALWAYS necessary… this staple City Coat, ruffled sweater
and girls apparel are all from the JCrew Factory Store
Don’t forget about cooler temps coming… this fun and festive puffy vest, glitter slides
pink separates and hat are from Gap Factory
Local friends, our local Race for the Cure [click on “Register” then “Join a Team”] takes place on October 28, 2017 here in Maryland Farms in Brentwood., Tennessee…. Opry Mills is a race sponsor and they’d love for you to stop by their booth… complete with fun swag, giveaways and a photo area with props! All the details for the race are included below:
Greater Nashville Race for the Cure | October 28, 2017 | Maryland Farms, Brentwood TN
· Race village opens at 7:00am, 10k Race starts at 8:00am, 5k Race starts at 9:00am and · 1 Mile walk starts at 9:15am
· Race Village will be set up on Maryland Way and Brentwood Blvd… near the Maryland Farms YMCA (5101 Maryland Way)
This post is sponsored by Opry Mills… it’s partnerships like these that make Hello Happiness possible and all expressed content, opinions and verbiage are mine and I fully support this incredible imitative. Let’s win the fight against breast cancer!!
Be the first to comment