It’s time to get creative in the kitchen dear friends… it’s time to hop onto Pinterest and scour your long lost pins for some all new recipes to add to your repertoire in the name of not going stir crazy!! You know I love to cook, but baking is my love language= it calms me down and cures that sweet tooth I just can’t get rid of. Which is why I’m so excited to share this Flourless Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Cookies recipe with you today!
I found this recipe from Running on Real Food and adapted it a bit based on what I had in my kitchen pantry right now. I love that you don’t need flour to make these tasty, delicious and dare I say semi-nutritious goodies. They are also gluten free!
Flourless Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 Cups Quick Oats [I use Trader Joe’s variety]
- 3 Small Mashed Ripe Bananas
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter [I used JIF Natural, but you could use any other nut/seed butter, too]
- 2 TBSP Maple Syrup [I use Mrs. Butterworth’s Lite]
- 1/2 TSP Sea Salt
- 1/2 TSP Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup ChocolChips [I used milk, but you could totally do dark for added nutritional benefit]
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheet parchment paper
- Make sure bananas are mashed to a thick-paste like consitency
- Add all other ingredients into mixing bowl and combine together
- Form balls of dough into cookie shape and place on cookie sheet
- Bake for 15-17 minutes… remove from oven and make sure they are firm and slightly brown to ensure they’re all done
Have you tried flourless peanut butter banana oatmeal cookies before? What’s your favorite flourless dessert? Let me know in a comment below!