I first made these frozen s’mores cups YEARS ago and loved them. I was going through my Pinterest Food + Drink Love board the other day and stumbled upon them again and couldn’t wait to get in the kitchen with Caroline and Carson to make these yummy treats…perfect for getting your little sous chefs involved!!
Let’s also mention there are lots of steps involved so don’t get overwhelmed, I promise they are worth the sacrifice… totally DELISH and you can store in the freezer for a later date, too:
Frozen S’mores Cups
- 18 graham cracker squares (9 sheets)
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup pf milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups of mini marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 box (3.9 oz) instant chocolate pudding
- 1 container (8 oz) of Cool Whip– be sure to thaw in the fridge
- 1/4 cups of mini chocolate chips
- Start by crushing the graham crackers into fine crumbs, then melt butter and add to graham crackers, mixing until well combined to make the crust
- Then pat graham cracker crust into the bottom of each muffin pan cup and evenly divide crust mixture into all 12 muffin cups, saving about 1/4 cup to use as topping later
- Combine the milk chocolate chips and whipping cream into a small bowl and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until melted [this takes me 4 rotations]–take that mixture and spoon into a large Ziploc bag, cut a tip off and evenly pipe chocolate into the center of each cup, on top of the crust
- Next, divide the marshmallows and place into cups
- Mix cold milk with pudding on medium speed for 2-3 minutes and then fold in 1/2 of the Cool Whip [save the rest as it will be used for the topping]
- Spoon filling into a large Ziploc bag, clip a corner off and pipe pudding into each cup; be sure to pipe in between the marshmallows so the whole cup is filled
- Use a knife to smooth the tops level with the top of the pan and then freeze for at least 23/4 hours
- Allow the pan to warm just a bit before popping each dessert cup out. I use a butter knife and gently outline the muffin cup before popping out
- Use the remaining Cool Whip to top each s’more and then sprinkle with mini chocolate chips
- Serve immediately and if you have any extra, be sure to put into a sealed container and freeze until eating!
Have you made frozen s’mores cups before? What’s a frozen dessert that you enjoy eating or making? Let me know in a comment below!