I cannot take credit for the goodness that is coming your way today… this was me spending way too much time on Pinterest, but it is well worth the investigation into my Food Love folder of all the good eats inspiration. But, Bake.Eat.Repeat shared this Chicken Pesto Sliders [similar to my Ham + Poppyseed Sandwiches] and I knew we had to make these for the fam ASAP.
These would be great to whip up prior to a big game or a fun, easy dinner to drop-off to friends… also, kid lunch friendly as Caroline and Carson gave these two thumbs up = thank gosh when I find something we all can agree on!
My lackluster photo skills don’t showcase just how tasty these are, but bookmark for your next night in because these are assembled and done in less than 30 minutes:
Chicken Pesto Sliders
- 12 King’s Hawaiian Rolls
- 1/2 cup Pesto [my favoerite is from Trader Joe’s]
- 2 cups Cooked Shredded Chicken [need a fast fix? you can totally use rotisserie chicken from the store]
- 1 1/5 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 TBSP Butter, melted
- 1/2 TSP Garlic Salt
- 1 TSP Dried Parsley
- Star by preheating your oven to 375°F. Then lightly spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray so that sandwiches don’t stick while cooking.
- Slice the dinner rolls in half and place the bottom halves into the baking dish and then spread pesto over the bottom halves of the dinner rolls.
- Spread the chopped chicken on top of the pesto, and generously sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top of the chicken and then cover with the top halves of the dinner rolls.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, garlic salt and parsley… then brush/drizzle this mixture over top of the sliders and cover the whole dish tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes and then serve immediately.
Have you tried of made chicken pesto sliders before? Let me know in a comment below!
Be the first to comment