It may be morning, but I am already ready for leftovers from last night’s dinner! Wednesdays officially bring me back to the land of carbs, therefore I usually go big and say yes to all the pasta #sorrynotsorry.
However, I know it’s been a bit since I served up something fresh from the food diaries and I found this delicious pasta online and knew it was something I had to make ASAP. I love that it’s easy to assemble, great for weeknights when everyone is busy but still want something homecooked and this can be served hot OR cold as well.
Plus, I might have just stocked up on these ADORABLE new place settings from Walmart so it was an excuse to actually set the table and put these new polka dot pretties to good use! Plus, you can grab these in a handful of prints and patterns and 12 pieces/4 place settings are under $50 = fantastic fall find for your kitchen and dining.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR YOUR LEMON BASIL PASTA WITH SHRIMP
- 1 pound bow tie pasta
- 2 dozen shrimp [or another protein like chicken]
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
- cracked pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 fresh parmesan shavings
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
HOW TO MAKE LEMON BASIL PASTA WITH SHRIMP
- Bring water to boil in large pot of salty water and then prepare pasta as directed [we like ours slightly al dente]… drain and then rinse with hot water [if serving hot, or cold if serving cold]
- In a separate bowl, combine vinegar, olive oil and lemon juice and whisk until well combined
- Then use a medium sized skillet drizzled with olive oil to cook shrimp [usually only takes a few minutes until they turn an orange-pink color] and then set aside
- Combine pasta + dressing and then top with pine nuts… toss in cooked shrimp + cracked papper, fresh basil, parmesan and pine nuts and serve