I think this is a post a few of you have been waiting for 😉 My apologies it took a bit for me to get my act together!
First of all, I would like the say thank you to SO many of you who made this announcement so fun to make…from your thoughtful comments, texts, and emails to the well wishes for our family, I appeciate it more than you know. I’ve been told that baby #2 can get the “shaft” when it comes to excitement, but you made this just as fun to talk about as it was with Caroline and I couldn’t be happier to share this journey with you all over again ;).
So, with that being said, here are a few answers based on some questions I was given in regards to our little news:
1. When are you due? June 28, 2013. A summertime baby…oh heavens! I simply cannot wait (can you sense the total sarcasm) to wear a gorgeous maternity bathing suit to the beach in May :/. On the upside, I’m a July baby so it looks as though our house will be equal with 2 Pisces and 2 Cancers…the plot thickens my friends!
2. Was this pregnancy planned? To be honest…HECK NO! This was a total shock and one that I couldn’t have even fathomed in my wildest dreams. Yes, I know what causes this (seriously, why do people even have the audacity to ask that) and yes, I did freak out in the beginning…I was scared, sad at the thought that Caroline wouldn’t be the “baby” anymore, and a bit frustrated that I was going to go through another pregnancy so quickly, but then I thought about God blessing us with this miracle and I knew He knows what He is doing. (Remember, I am being honest! Having a baby is a huge thing and I am ecstatic that we get to have another, it’s just the timing was a little sooner than we had expected).
3. Do you know what you’re having? No, not yet. I am almost 15 weeks, though we absolutely will be finding out the sex sooner than later…you know we are planners and I need to know whether Caroline is going to have a little sister or brother. To be honest, I think it’s a girl…I believe we are destined for a house full of pink and I think Jeff is going to be outnumbered by a landslide-haha. If on the other hand God blesses us with a boy, I will be super excited, as I know Jeff really does want that father/son relationship like he had with his dad. As long as this peanut is healthy, that is all we care about. At my 12 week appointment, we heard a healthy, fast heartbeat of 165/bpm. I know, my mother’s intuition wasn’t correct with the first one so at this point, your guess is as good as mine! We are doing a small “reveal”, so I’ll let you in on our secret once friends and family are in the know.
4. Will you be documenting this pregnancy like you did with Caroline? Let’s face it, I am having a difficult time keeeping up with her monthly stat posts so I know myself and don’t think I’ll be doing the weekly fruit updates, but I promise to keep everyone informed about the big stuff we have going on and how everything is looking… Mom said we have to make sure we do fun things for #2 just like we did for Caroline and I definitely want to try my best to keep track of this special time too! Here is a little peak at how I’m looking right now: a little bloated, but no real “bump” as of yet.
5. Have you thought about how you’ll decorate another nursery? Well of course I have! We will be converting one of our guest bedrooms into another nursery…and just when I thought we’d only have one child in this house, I was wrong. I’ve been looking at a few options of furniture, colors, and such but more will be decided once we know if it’s a boy or girl. All in due time, but I promise to share inspiration and the progress of redecorating as we go!
So, with that being said, here is my first trimester update…far less to write and keep up with. I might be a slacker, but I am trying!
How Far Along? 14 weeks, 6 days…we’re into the 2nd trimester!
Size of the Wee One? Is it bad for me to tell you I haven’t been keeping up with this AT ALL? Let’s face it, Caroline is keeping me occupied so I haven’t been following the fruit progression.
Maternity Clothes? Nope. Heck No. I am boycotting those bad boys for as long as possible. I put those garments away for what I thought would be far longer…now some of you might realize why I didn’t do my maternity blog sale 😉
Weight Gain? I’ve gained 3 pounds so far… not too bad, but that is most certainly due to my awful bouts of morning/all day sickness and nausea. I was prescribed Zolfran to help combat those daily reminders and that helped a lot. I FINALLY have my appetite back, and have been taking advantage of all those yummy holiday goodies. (By the way, can I complain for a moment and say all this new year’s focus on losing weight and whatnot scouring the TV, internet, etc REALLY isn’t helpful for pregnant women? we have to gain weight so please stop with all the dieting, workout crap…i sound bitter, but it’s the truth!)
Stretch Marks? Rubbing all that fun, lovely smelling lotion on the belly, thighs, and booty all over again. I am REALLY trying to prevent these this time, too!
Gender? We don’t know that one little detail yet…my guess is a girl! We find out in 2 weeks so let the guessing commence.
Sleep? I am trying to get as much as possible, because I know it’s all downhill from here. As soon as we put CC to bed each night, I immediately climb in bed, snuggle up with the covers, and watch some TV or read before retiring about 9:30. Yes, I am old, but mama needs her sleep!
Food Cravings? All the sweet stuff AGAIN. Clementine oranges, ice cream, sweet tea, chocolate, and Captain Crunch cereal…covering all the major food groups if you will. Still not wanting too much meat, veggies, or the healthy stuff I usually eat.
What I Miss? My desire to work out. I ventured to the YMCA for the first time in over a month last week and it felt amazing. I’m hoping that since we are now in my favorite trimester I’ll get some of that motivation and energy back to do the things I love.
Symptoms? Nausea, indigestion, tiredness, pregnancy brain/forgetfulness, bloated belly
Belly Button? In…and it better stay that way for a LONG time.
Best Moment? Getting to finally spill the beans to everyone and planning for a fun gender reveal!