It’s not too late friends… I’ve got a seasonal sweet tooth kind of treat today to share–so grab all the ingredients and whip this peppermint poke cake up ASAP!!! Easy peasy to execute, kid friendly so you can get your little elves in the kitchen with you… and then let it soak for up to 2 days in the fridge to enjoy with your holiday nearest and dearest:
Peppermint Chocolate Poke Cake
All the Ingredients
- 1 box chocolate fudge cake [plus 3 eggs, 1/2 cup vegetable order and 1 1/4 cups water]
- 1 jar hot fudge sauce [i always find this next to the ice cream at the grocery store]
- 1 914 oz] can sweetened condensed milk [use the reduced fat… you’ll never know the difference]
- ¼ tsp peppermint extract [do NOT go over on this–it only takes a hint!]
- 1 [8 oz] container cool whip [again use the LITE variety to save a few calories for extra Christmas cocktails]
- 1 [10 oz.] bag Andes peppermints [you’ll find these in the candy aisle]
- 1 (10 oz.) bag of peppermint candies
heat oven to 350 degrees… bake cake in a 9×13-inch pan according to direction on the package
while the cake is baking, mix sweetened condensed milk, hot fudge sauce, and peppermint extract together… then once the cake is done and it’s still hot, poke holes all over cake with a fork… then pour the topping/milk mixture over the cake and allow cake to cool completely
once cooled, sprinkle half the peppermint candies and chocolates over the cake… spread the thawed cool whip over the top and then sprinkle remaining chocolate and peppermint… chill for 2-3 hours before serving OR make ahead and store in fridge for 1-2 days
and for the extra yummy factor, pair with peppermint ice cream!
Have you made poke cake before? Let me know in a comment below!
Be the first to comment